Saturday, June 12, 2010

my good fortune.


I have always loved cracking open a fortune cookie -
the mystery of what my fortune could say is thrilling for me; the excitement of the secret message intended just for me and being able to apply these fortunes to my life feels validating, inspiring and insightful.

Sufficed to say, I am one of those check-your-horoscope-daily kind of girls, and if I could have a fortune cookie daily, there is not doubt, I certainly would.

My most recent fortunes have been amazingly perfect for my life and current situation and I thought I would share them with you & perhaps inspire you, as well.

"Do it because you love it."

"A kiss makes the heart young again & wipes out the years."

&

"All that we have is a result of what we have thought."


All of these fortunes have such deep meaning for me and really go along with my beliefs about life. Right before I began this blog, I received the first fortune and I knew it was my final push of encouragement to create an outlet for my thoughts and ideas, as well as reach for goals that will allow me to do what I love.

The second fortune just rings so true for all relationships; be it family, friends or lovers, sometimes a seemingly simple kiss can literally take you to another state of mind entirely and make you feel like a brand new person, all in the blink of an eye.

As for the last fortune, I know we all have the power to change our lives and reach our goals, simply by using positive thoughts and keeping hope in our hearts. Harnessing and believing in this power is the key, and something I am still working towards each & every single day.

(I tried to take photographs of my recent fortunes, but my camera decided they would be horribly blurred, so instead I have provided a photograph of what looks like the most delicious fortune cookies I have ever laid eyes on.)

** Photo Credit: Google Images **

13 comments:

  1. Love a good fortune cookie... those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. such an optimistic and inspiring post!! thanks for sharing these thoughts! :D

    sybil
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious.
    your writing is very true too!
    xo nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. aah, fortune cookie!
    those above looks really cute ! :)
    I never have a fortune cookie :(

    visit comment and follow me @ Successful Failure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fortune cookies too! Totally agree with the first one. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog makes a good read, those cookies look lushhh man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you...I love the mystry in those little cookies!

    -Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore fortune cookies! Those look so good!!


    dailycupoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum!

    followed =D
    come visit mine
    http://fashionisfueledbyobsession.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow they look so freakin yummy! Love your blog and you look so gorgeous in your avatar! If you have time come visit my blog at http://www.prettywittybitchyme.blogspot.com I'd love to hear from ya!:-)

    ReplyDelete